There are far more things to consider in keeping your garage secure, beyond making sure that you’ve closed and locked the garage door behind you. Today’s smart home technology provides a cost-effective way to increase the level of protection afforded to your family and belongings and to add value to your property.
Benefits of a Wireless Garage Door Opener
Adding a wireless garage door opener to your home or upgrading your current setup is advisable for two important reasons: your family’s security and the value of your home. Nothing is more important than your family’s safety, of course, and there are typically more valuables in your garage than merely a car. Further, each time you spend money on your home, it should be looked upon as an investment in both your family’s future and in the equity that you’ll have in your property in the immediate future or somewhat further down the road.
Your garage door is one of the most vulnerable access points to your home. Some aspects of your garage that you might not ordinarily acknowledge as weaknesses include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Garage windows
- Exterior lights
- Exterior keypads
- Leaving garage door opener exposed in your car
Features of a Wireless Garage Door Opener
There are a wide variety of wireless garage door openers, but the most popular wireless garage door openers have the following features in common:
- Straightforward Apps: In many cases, you’ll be able to download and use the app of your choice, the vast majority of which are available in the Apple store, the Google Play store, and the Android store.
- Remote Access with Smartphone or Tablet: You won’t have to wait any longer to drive to within range of your electronic garage door opener, and most will provide you a real-time camera feed of your property.
- Number of Users: Depending on the model you purchase, you’ll be able to decide the number of users who have access as well as the number of connected devices (smartphones, tablets, Apple watches, etc.). Some brands have more restrictions than others, however.
- Geo-Fencing System: Several brands come with an electronic geofencing system that extends around your property, and you’ll be notified on your device if that invisible barrier has been breached.
- Quiet and Smooth Operation: While some are quieter than others, generally speaking, a wireless garage door opener leaves behind the days of the noisy, clunky-sounding garage door openers.
The Liftmaster Wireless Garage Door Opener
Austin’s Greater Garage Doors are certified experts in both installing and repairing Liftmaster garage door openers. Liftmaster is one of the most tried, true, and reliable brands of garage door openers on the market today. Some of the highlights of the unit include wall mount design (freeing up garage space), built-in Wif-Fi, battery backup, and a feature in which the opener automatically locks the deadbolt on the inside of the garage door after closing.
Wireless Garage Door Openers with Austin’s Greater Garage Doors
Need advice in choosing, help with installing, or some degree of repair with your wireless garage door opener? Austin’s Greater Garage Doors can help. With experience in every type of garage door repair, replacement, and installation our team of experts provides efficient same-day service that always puts the customer first. Contact us today to get started!